Meet the Board: Jennifer

October 8, 2019 9:21 am

Jennifer Kennymore, MPH, CHES, CWHC
APA Board Member, 2019-2020
Health Promotion Specialist, GatorWell Health Promotion Services | Division of Student Affairs

• What brought you to UF? Wanting to get back into working on the health and wellness of college students after some time away.
  • What makes you proud to work at UF?  The way everyone is mission focused and overall people are passionate about what they do. I also appreciate how we try to be innovative and push ourselves to be better.
  • Favorite UF tradition or moment: I always like at Football games when they sing the “We Are The Boys” song at the end of the third quarter and now when they sing the Tom Petty song. I think it’s moving to see an entire stadium put differences aside and come together to participate in longstanding and meaningful traditions.
  • Favorite thing to do in Gainesville: This one is a bit difficult since there are so many fun options! In town, I like to go to the free Friday concerts at Bo Diddley Plaza or Museum Nights at the Harn. Out of town, I like to go boating at Santa Fe lake or floating down Ichetucknee Springs. 
  • What led to your involvement with the APA, and what have you learned due to your involvement? I had a friend who was on the board and I had participated in a few campus tours so I was familiar with the organization. I was looking to be more involved on campus and I found out in a newsletter they were looking for more members so I joined! So far, I have learned that UF has a wide array of departments and areas across campus and outside of Gainesville that I didn’t know anything about. I’ve also learned that although we might have different roles on campus, as board members we want to do what we can to enhance the experience of UF Employees – we’re passionate about what we do and are excited to make progress.