Meet the Board: Anika
APA Treasurer, 2019-2020
APA Board Member, 2018-2019
Assistant Director of Finance, College of the Arts
- What brought you to UF? I’m originally from Leland, North Carolina (a small town right outside of Wilmington, on the coast), where I got my start in working in higher education at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After leaving UNCW, we journeyed to Blacksburg, VA to work at Virginia Tech. My husband and I had been looking to move to Florida for years and we were finally over the harsh SW Virginia winters. I saw the position for Asst. Dir. of Finance in COTA and knew this was our chance to move to “The Sunshine State”, so I applied. It’s been truly a blessing for us. I love it here at UF and in the Gainesville community and really can’t see myself anywhere else.
- What makes you proud to work at UF? I have to say hands down, it’s the people I work with. They are a group of phenomenal people.
- Favorite UF tradition or moment: I’m still learning about the UF traditions, so I don’t have a favorite one yet.
- Favorite thing to do in Gainesville: I’m a homebody, so we don’t get out much, but I do enjoy going out to a good restaurant and watching my daughter play varsity basketball for Buchholz High School.
- What led to your involvement with in APA, and what have you learned due to your involvement? One of my colleagues initially told me about the organization and I looked them up and saw the things they were involved in and I was intrigued. From there, I started going to the events and meetings that they had and I wanted to become more involved myself. I make it a point every year to have some type of service component to my position, so I feel like I’m giving back by being a part of APA. I’ve learned more about UF as a whole, than I ever knew before joining APA. I enjoy being a part of such an extraordinary group.