Meet the board: Tammy

May 9, 2019 3:36 pm

Tammy Bleeker
APA Outreach/Engagement Chair, 2019-2020
APA Program Co-Chair, 2018-2019
Assistant Director, Education & Training Programs, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics

• What brought you to UF? I worked for Anheuser-Busch for 10 years, and in late 2012, I learned the local facility would be closing. I and my co-workers all had to find new jobs. I took it as an opportunity to perhaps venture into a new area. I was fortunate to find out about a position at UF in Pediatrics. I was intrigued by the thought of working in graduate medical education. In January 2013, I joined the Pediatric Medical Education office and have enjoyed working with learners, faculty and staff over the past 6 years.
  • What makes you proud to work at UF? I am proud to work at an institution that is at the forefront of innovation and research in so many realms. Our campus community is made up of so many diverse and amazing people and I am proud to be a part of that community.
  • Favorite UF tradition or moment: My favorite (and proudest) moment was walking across the stage at the O’Connell Center in August 2018 to graduate with my Master’s in Education in Curriculum and Instruction. I was so excited to finally be an official member of the Gator Nation!
  • What’s something you wish you had known as a new staff member? I wish I had known about APA earlier in my time at UF. I have benefitted tremendously from my time in APA and made such strong, varied connections across campus.
  • Favorite thing to do in Gainesville: I love Gainesville because there are so many things to do from eating at a local restaurant, heading outdoors for a picnic at Lake Wauburg or Depot Park, tailgating before the Gators take on an opponent in the swamp, trivia night at a local microbrewery or watching a play at the Hippodrome.