February APA Recognition Spotlight: Brianne Lehan

February 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Brianne Lehan

Nominated by Alisson Clark

Brianne Lehan is a photographer for UF. She is one of the creative geniuses behind the UF project “Creating the World to Come.” This photo series highlights people at the University of Florida working to protect our well-being and the health of the planet, paired with works from the Harn Museum of Art exhibition “The World to Come: Art in the Age of the Anthropocene.” She is also a passionate advocate for animals as well as working on a documentary film about homeless pets in her free time.

Get to Know Your Fellow Gator Q&A

What brought you to UF?

I came to UF in December of 2017 after accepting a photographer/videographer position with UF Communications.  I was drawn to the University because of the vast number of programs, research opportunities, and innovations created by the students and faculty. 

What makes you proud to work at UF?

I am proud to work here because of all the students and faculty that are working so hard in all of their fields to create progress and change.  It is amazing to see the work being done and the research that is happening here.  There are so many people working hard to solve problems, come up with new creative ideas, and helping to make the world a better place.  I am always inspired by this and always want to share stories that highlight our community!

Favorite UF tradition or moment?

My favorite tradition isn’t anything out of the norm- it’s the gator chomp. I love the sense of community that it creates especially among people off campus that share ties to UF.  Oh, and of course- Krishna lunch!

Favorite thing to do in Gainesville?

My favorite thing to do is to hike the trails and walk at the parks around Gainesville.  My dog and I spend a lot of time walking at Hogtown Creek, Magnolia Park, Depot Park, and Payne’s Prairie. I love discovering all the little hiking trails nestled throughout the city as well!